8x10 Gable Tall Shed Plans
Emailed Plans: $14.99
(8 1/2" x 11" Emailed PDF
Postal Mailed Plans: $20.99
(8 1/2" x 11" Postal mailed)
Buy E-MAILED Version
Buy POSTAL-MAILED Version
FREE - How To Build A Shed eBook included with every shed plans purchase.
- Cost Effective - Our shed plans are designed to make your shed simple and inexpensive to build.
- Easy To Build From - Professionally drawn with step by step instructions to show both an old pro or a first time framer how to build a shed. (see the plans example below).
- Start Now - Instant download - The shed plans are emailed to you when you purchase so you can start immediately. We use the free PDF file format so you can print them on your home printer or we can postal mail them to you.
- Materials List - Easily get bids and use the list numbering system to know what part goes where.
The 8x10 tall storage shed plans include:
- 7'-7" or 8'-1" wall height - The 7'-7" wall height allows a pre-hung factory built door to go on any wall and reduces the amount of siding and labor needed to build the shed. The 8'-1" wall height lets you use 92-5/8" framing studs just like a home.
- Factory or Home Built Doors - Using a pre hung door makes the door building and hanging job much easier. The shed plans also include door plans if you prefer to build your own doors.
- Multiple Door Options - Drawings explaining how to build the door on the end or sides of the shed.
- 5 Foundations - Skid, concrete slab, poured concrete pier, concrete block pier, precast pier.
8x10 Gable Shed Plans Floor Plan
8x10 Gable Shed Plans Include The Following:
- Alternalte Options: The shed plans have alternate drawings for the door on the end or sides. The wall height can be built at 7'-5" (the minimum for a pre built door), or 8'-1" (the height of framing studs)
- Materials List:The 8x10 garden shed plans come with a complete materials list that is broken down by parts of the shed.
- 5 Foundations: There are 5 different foundations are included in the plans; Wood skid, Concrete slab, Concrete Block Pier, Poured Concrete Pier and Precast pier.
- Floor: 2x8 floor joists with 3/4" floor sheathing.
- Walls Framing: 2x4 framing at 16" on center with a double top plate, just like a home is framed.
- Wall Height: The shed wall height is 7'-7" and an optional wall height of 8'-1 1/2"
- Door: 3'-0" x 6'-8" Factory Built door on pre hung jamb or build the door from the included door plans.
- Siding: T1-11 siding or similar 4'x8' wood or cement panel siding is specified but you can use any siding you like.
- Roof: The roof is framed using 2x4's to build the trusses. It is sheeted with 1/2" O.S.B. The plans give you the dimensions and cut angles so you can build the roof rafters on the ground and then put them up on the top plates.
- Roof Pitch: 4/12, this means that for every 4 inches of rise there is 12 inches of run horizontally.
- Roof Overhang: 4" on the sides and 1" on the front and back.
- Roofing: 25 year asphalt shingles
- Trim: 1x3 and 1x6 wood, masonite or cement trim materials are used to finish the corners, roof eves and facia, and door.
- Floor Load: 50 pounds per square foot for framed floors. You don't want your shed floor to feel spongy.
- Roof Snow Load: 40 pounds per square foot. This is more than adequate for most areas. If you live in an area with a high snow load you should check with your local building department for your local snow load. Contact us and we can specify stronger roof framing.
Sample of our 8x10 storage shed plans:
FREE Shed Materials List (Click To Download and Print)