5x12-FW Firewood Plans
Emailed Plans: $14.99
(8 1/2" x 11" Emailed PDF
Postal Mailed Plans: $20.99
(8 1/2" x 11" Postal mailed)
Buy E-MAILED Version
Buy POSTAL-MAILED Version
All Our Shed Plans Feature:
- FREE - How To Build A Shed eBook included with every shed plans purchase.
- Cost Effective - Our shed plans are designed to make your shed simple and inexpensive to build.
- Easy To Build From - Professionally drawn with step by step instructions to show both an old pro or a first time framer how to build a shed. (see the plans example below).
- Start Now - Instant download - The shed plans are emailed to you when you purchase so you can start immediately. We use the free PDF file format so you can print them on your home printer or we can postal mail them to you.
- Materials List - Easily get bids and use the list numbering system to know what part goes where.
The 5x12 Firewood shed plans include:
- Wood Storage - A cord of fire wood is 4'x4'x8' which is 128 cubic feet. The 5x12 firewood shed holds just over 2 cords of wood.
- Ventilation - An important part of seasoning wood is allowing air to flow around it. With spaces in the floor and an open front you will have plenty of ventilation and easy acess to all your firewood.
5x12 Firewood Shed Plans Specifications Overview
These are the basic materials used to build the 5x12 firewood shed from the woodbin plans. It is designed to be built with conventional construction such as 2x4 framed walls sheeted with T1-11 Plywood siding but it can be covered with rough sawn lumber to give it that authentic "wood bin" look.
- Foundation = 4 different foundations are included in the plans; Wood skid, Concrete slab, Concrete Pier, Precast pier.
- Floor = 2x6 floor joists with 2x6 decking for an extra strong floor that breaths well to better dry wood out.
- Walls = 2x4 framing at 16" on center with a double top plate, just like a home is framed. The rear wall height is 4' and the front wall height is 6'-3 1/4". The front opening is 5' tall and 8'-8" wide.
- Door = There are no doors on this model of shed.
- Roof = The roof is framed using 2x6's to build the rafters. Two options for roofing: Purlins or Sheeting. It is a simple roof with purlins running perpendicular to the roof rafters and metal roofing on the purlins. If you want to shee the roof and install asphalt shingles there are also optional shingle and roof sheeting shown on the plans and the materials list.
- Roofing = Ribbed metal roofing.
- Siding = T1-11 siding or similar 4'x8' wood or cement panel siding is specified but you can use any siding you like.
- Trim = 1x3 and 1x6 wood, masonite or cement trim materials are used to finish the corners, roof eves and facia, and door.
Sample of our 5x12 firewood shed plans:
Large View of 5x12 Firewood Shed Plans
FREE Shed Materials List (Click To Download and Print)