4x10 Lean To Shed Plans
Emailed Plans: $14.99
(8 1/2" x 11" Emailed PDF
Postal Mailed Plans: $20.99
(8 1/2" x 11" Postal mailed)
Buy E-MAILED Version
Buy POSTAL-MAILED Version
All Our Shed Plans Feature:
- FREE - How To Build A Shed eBook included with every shed plans purchase.
- Cost Effective - Our shed plans are designed to make your shed simple and inexpensive to build.
- Easy To Build From - Professionally drawn with step by step instructions to show both an old pro or a first time framer how to build a shed. (see the plans example below).
- Start Now - Instant download - The shed plans are emailed to you when you purchase so you can start immediately. We use the free PDF file format so you can print them on your home printer or we can postal mail them to you.
- Materials List - Easily get bids and use the list numbering system to know what part goes where.
The 4x10 storage shed plans include:
- 6'-5" wall height - This is the most cost effective wall height because it saves on material and allows the home built shed door to be on the front or back walls.
- Home Built Doors - 5'-6" wide home built double doors.
- 5 Foundations - Skid, concrete slab, poured concrete pier, concrete block pier, precast pier.
- Door Options - Framing plans for a 3' wide door for the end walls. Door on The tall wall.
4x10 Lean To Plans Specifications Overview
These are the basic materials used to build the 4x10 lean to shed. Materials such as vinyl siding or a pre-hung door can be substituted to change the look or functionality of the shed but will increase the cost.
- Foundation = 4 different foundations are included in the plans; Wood skid, Concrete slab, Concrete Pier, Pre-cast pier.
- Floor = 2x6 floor joists with 3/4" floor sheathing.
- Walls = 2x4 framing at 16" on center with a double top plate, just like a home is framed. The shed wall height is 6'-5" for the short wall and 7'-8" for the taller wall. This wall height keeps costs down and construction simple by allowing single pieces of 4x8 siding to be used along the exterior walls.
- Door = The double 2'-9" x 5'-9" doors are built using sandwich construction for strength and durability. The 4x10 lean to shed has 2 doors to help you get better access to the things you have stored.
- Roof = The roof is framed using 2x4's to build rafter trusses. It is sheeted with 1/2" O.S.B. (or 5/8 if you want to make it extra strong.)
- Roofing = 25 year asphalt shingles
- Siding = T1-11 siding or similar 4'x8' wood or cement panel siding is specified but you can use any siding you like.
- Trim = 1x3 and 1x6 wood, masonite or cement trim materials are used to finish the corners, roof eves and fascia, and door.
4x10 Backyard Garden Shed Floor Plans
Sample of our 4x10 lean to storage shed plans: (they from the 4x8 lean to shed plans)
Exterior Detail Plans
The exterior details are what gives the shed its look. Wood shed plans are typically trimmed with wood, masonite, cement or vinyl trim boards. The details sheet shows where to place the trim boards on the corners, door, roof eves and soffit. The standard trim is 1/2" x 3 1/2" and 1/2" x 5 1/2" masonite or cement or wood trim boards.
Foundation And Floor Framing Plan
The main foundation plan for our 4x10 lean to storage shed is built using 6x6 pressure treated skids. These boards keep the floor off the ground and make the shed easier to move if necessary. There are also plans included that show how to build a Pre-Cast Pier Foundation, Slab Foundation and Building Section, Concrete Pier Foundation Plan and Section and Isometric, Concrete Pier Floor Framing Plan
Wall Framing Plans
The shed walls are framed using 2x4 lumber at 16" on center for the studs and top and bottom plates. They are sheeted with T-111 exterior siding. You can add other sidings such as stucco or stone to match your home if you like.
Roof Framing Plans
The roof is framed using simple 2x4's at 24" o.c. to stick frame the rafters. The plans give you the dimensions and cut angles so you can build the roof rafters on the ground and then put them up on the top plates. The roof is sheeted using 1/2" O.S.B.
Since the door is the only moving part on the shed it needs to be built strong. Our door plan shows you how to build a shed door that will outlive the shed. The shed door is built using a 2x4 inner frame faced on the inside with 1/2" O.S.B. and on the outside there is a layer of T-111 to match the rest of the shed. We use 3 hinges on the doors and the screws go into the inner 2x4 frame of the door to give extra strength.